
This is the book, the title, the cover, the author of a book that you will be able to purchase on September 3, 2008. This manuscript will be available on-line at Barnes & Nobles.com; Amazon.com; and one other that I can't remember.
You might think that by the cover and the title, this is about gloom and doom, but it's not. It will be political, touch social issues and other thoughts he has. It has a way of getting your attention.
I had an interesting conversation with Mark last night about his poetry. I have been reading excerpts from the book on his web page, and I will tell you I have been completely confused and feeling a bit overwhelmed. Now, I am not a stupid person, but I could not get it and that's what I told him. So, he took one of them and explained it to me. The one in particular that he talked about was one he wrote about his Dad and his battle with cancer. It's entitled "A Bad Day". I encourage you to read it, especially if you are one of the persons who fought this battle with him. The poem begins with the day that he told his kids about the cancer, and all that ensued afterwords, right up to the time that he went to his peaceful refuge. I read the poem, and I didn't get it, that is, until he explained the symbolism of it. Now I get it, and it is clear as a sunny day. He explained to me, that everyone reads something different into his poems, and that is the beauty of it. All of the poetry is that way. Everyone gets something different from it. I give you another example. A poem entitled "Stress": This poem is about a tornado. And once you know that, it makes perfect sense, but when I read it the first and second time, I saw it as an interpretation of the Crucifixion. Your personal interpretations speak to where you are in this life. I find that an interesting concept.
About the book. The book will be available on line at the places I mentioned. He said that if there is enough activity with the book, Barnes and Nobles will put a few copies of it in their stores. So if you choose to purchase the book, do it from B & N (on line). The book, he said was about 100 pages, and will run in the neighborhood of about $8 - $10 plus shipping etc. The poetry is not your typical poetry, and you will find it hard to read, that's why you need to read and re read it and draw your own conclusions to what it brings to you. Who knows if it will make a best seller's list, but one thing I know for sure, IT WILL MAKE MINE!!
2 comments:
I can hardly wait!!
I need to read some of those. Sounds cool.
Post a Comment