I suppose everyone who reads this knows what a tick looks like....right? Well, I have seen pictures of them, but never met one up close and personal. YesterdayI had my first introduction to the little buggers. I did not meet just one, I met two!
I spent sometime in my yard yesterday, just communing with nature. I communed alright. Later in the evening I took a shower, got ready for bed. Settled down and was scratching my leg when I discovered something on the back part of my leg at the knee. I thought I knew what it was, but not sure. SO, I called my neighbor, got her out of bed. Trapezed over to her house in my nightie and robe so she could look. YEP, two of the little suckers had taken up residency. I am sure it would have been funny to watch, two old ladies with a magnifying glass, flashlight and tweezers. Long story short....she got them out. Today I got some high potent bug killer, a sprayer and set out to kill them. Yes, I said KILL!! I sprayed every inch of my yard, wore a mask, put deep woods on my shoes, my legs, my socks, and my jeans. I am sure the people who watch people peed their pants laughing. We have used this high powered stuff before, and it works magic. I sprayed the porches, the windows, so now nothing lives in my yard. Hee hee!
Just thought I would share this exciting "adventure"!!
6 comments:
the part that made me laugh was seeing you trample over in your nightie and robe...thats hilarious. it's gross too. ticks are icky.
Oh, to have seen this! No pictures, huh? Especially you, as the mighty avenging spraylady. Must have been a sight to behold!
I was so sweaty and clammy, I would have dropped the camera. Makes my skin crawl......UGH!!
YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!
A video of that could have been worth $10,000
Post a Comment