Monday, September 15, 2008

Growing up........PLEASE SLOW DOWN!!

It has to happen. No matter what you do, you cannot stop time, and you cannot stop children from growing up. In my mind I still see a tiny little girl, following her PaPa around everywhere he went. This tiny little girl is growing up and there is nothing to do but watch and enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Her Mom posted this picture and the story that goes with it. I asked if I could share it with those of you who read me. This is Valleri and her new friend Hunter. I guess you could say (in the old fashion way) they are sweet on each other. He has asked her to go the homecoming dance at school. So my favorite #1 is going to her first dance WITH A BOY!! She has a new dress and shoes, the works. HMM, do you think Hunter wonders if Val's Dad has a big stick? or that she has very talllllll Uncles that love her very much? Just some things to ponder if you're the boy.

(side note):

Hey out there, do you remember your first dance? Who did you go with? I remember mine. My dress was pink, so were my shoes. The boy was Ralph , who by the way, is now a priest. Wonder if it was something I said?

4 comments:

Grannymouse said...

Hang in there Grandma, the best is yet to come.

Danelle said...

I remember my first date. I was in 5th grade. The 5th grade girls were "teamed up" with a gentleman in the Lions Club. So, my first date was with an old man. I had a white dress with pink polka dots and white shoes. It was exciting to get dressed up and picked up and to ride in his car to the school...even if he was old! His name was Harold by the way.

Danelle said...

Oh! one more thing....I remember this "date" was the first time I wore panty hose too!

Michelle's Musings said...

He is still nervous around Mark, and he met my brother Brian, but not Marc or Tim yet, but knows they are both very very tall also. In fact, after he met Brian, he asked Val if her dad was tall too.