Shelbie with Valleri and EmilyGood
Game!
A GOOD DAY FOR THE NEWTON ALL STARS!
I guess Kansas had a cold front go through today, cause folks it was like late October at the ball field. Everyone showed up in shorts, sandals etc. Before the game started we were trying to find any and everything you could wrap up in. The wind was howling from the north and it was darn chilly. Well for everyone except Michelle. She runs around in the dead of winter without a coat. Anyway, it was a good day for the ALL STARS of Newton. They won the game, and you can see the scoreboard in the first picture. That just about says it all. Because of the 10 run rule, they played only 4 innings. The girls from Lions, KS won the sportsmanship award. They took a real licking, and so they rightfully deserved it. This game put them out of the tournament. The Newton girls are playing, probably right now as I write this, hopefully they will win again and play again tomorrow. I hope I get to see them. If they win two more games, they will be one of the three teams to go to Missouri to play in the district tournament. GO ALL STARS!!


1 comment:
I'm glad you captured some pictures so I could see at least a little of it.
Post a Comment