Thursday, June 26, 2008

PRETTY ROSES and others







Since the roses were looking so beautiful this evening, I decided to take pictures of them. I have just two bushes. One is red, and the other is yellow. If you remember from another blog, the yellow was a gift from my wonderful neighbor Faye (the rose queen). I guess I needed sun to capture the petals from a distance, but you get the idea. I did the close up of the yellow rose that has opened today. I imagine the other buds are not far behind. There are several buds on the yellow bush. The red rose was here when I moved here, and it has been sorely neglected. Faye is amazed that it is still alive. But you can see from the picture it is blooming and it's lovely.
The extra picture I threw in here is of my hydrangea bush. I planted it last year, and it was nipped by jack frost. So all I got last year was green bush. This year I have the prettiest pink flower. It's not big, but it's there, so I guess there is hope after all. I love roses especially yellow.






Roses are red, violets are blue, I like the yellow ones how about you?

1 comment:

Grannymouse said...

Roses are red. Violets are blue, I like the red, and the yellow ones too.