I guess you are wondering what the title means. The pictures I have added here are pictures of MY niece. I wanted to make sure you understood the word MY, so I capitalized it. Possessive that way.
She is the oldest daughter of my youngest brother, Monte. I lost my brother in a motorcycle accident in 1993. Muffy, that's what she's called, I will explain that later. Anyway, she was not quite 16 years old when she lost her Dad.
I had only seen her a couple of times. Why you ask? It's not worth the time it takes to write it, so we will skip it. Several years ago, she and her sister, Mandy, decided to try and find me. With the help of their Aunt Marsha, they found Tim. They made the contact and I ended up with the nicest surprise one evening. I was face to face with two of the most beautiful young women I had ever seen. I didn't know who they were, I just knew they were gorgeous. It truly is an odd feeling, when your kids say "this is your surprise", and you don't know what they are talking about. Here stands two young women, a cute guy and two little boys, along with another older woman, that you feel you should know, but you don't! It has been a special gift getting to know them. I find myself wanting to know them more and more.Muffy, here's where the name came from. I think I am right, and hopefully when she reads this she will correct me if I am wrong. Her eyes are like blueberry muffins, and her Daddy called her muffin, therefore...Muffy. Muffy has three of the cutest little boys. Axton, Aidyn and Alyjah. I could take that little Alyjah home and keep him, or as Danelle says...put him in my pocket.
We all had lunch together today. Alyjah asked me "Aunt Nancy, did you come to my birthday when I turned 5?". I said "no", he said "why not", and I said " because you didn't invite me to your party". He had a puzzled look and just simply said "oh". When he was done eating, he came and sat beside me and proceeded to tell me all about the Indiana Jones movies. He is a kick. Aidyn, talked mostly about Star Wars and all that goes with it. I have seen the movies, but I don't know a lot about the toys that go with it, so I couldn't carry on much of a conversation with him. I think he thought, since I had boys I should know this stuff. Axton is the oldest and such a polite young man. Please and thank you for everything I or someone else did for him. He and I had a conversation about sopapias (I know that's not spelled right), anyway, I shared with him about them and where they came from. I only know this because My Aunt Celinda told me. It was a great lunch and I enjoyed the time with the boys and of course their Mom.
I am so happy to have this chance to spend with Muffy, everyone needs a connection to their history and extended family. I was fortunate to have an aunt that told me about my extended family and it's exciting to share some of those stories with someone else who wants to know.
Muffy is married to Scott, I don't have a picture of him, but he is a handsome, nice guy. Muffy adores him so I guess he checked out okay. I think my brother would have approved of him, maybe not in the beginning, because what Dad wants to let go of his little girl. Muffy is smart, pretty, ornery, but very loving, a wonderful mother and a special niece. Gee, am I a lucky aunt or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment