Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Favorite #1




I had to add these to the post. Too good to pass up.


What an absolutely wonderful evening it was for "our" whole family. St. Margaret Mary Catholic school did an amazing job in recognizing the 2008 eighth grade class, and giving their families the opportunity to cheer them on to high school. The graduation service was inspiring, and Fr. Richard's message to the graduates gave them many points that will help them on to a successful life. I think the thing that stuck with me was when he said, "they didn't have to follow the crowd", they just need to always be themselves and live in their faith. This school produced three outstanding seniors at the parochial high schools this year. That is an outstanding record for a small school.


My hat is off to the staff. I know Valleri has a jump start to her new adventures.









I don't have the appropriate words to express how it was to watch my eldest grandchild meet this milestone in her life. After watching this group of 16 young people grow up together, and then to see them all dressed up standing so proud, it was a treat!






I know there are a lot of pictures to look at, and I had more, but these are the ones that say so much.




Congratulations to my sweet Valleri!!







I love this picture of Mark, Michelle and Valleri. They don't appear to be proud at all do they? WRONG!!







And, of course we end this with the picture that gives me the most pleasure. These are the times that give the most to this Grandmother. I have had the greatest joy watching this young girl grow into the most amazing young woman. I was remembering her today, when she was the tiniest blond blue eyed little girl. Her hair was very light, and those blue eyes flashed when she smiled. And what a smile she had. My only regret is that her "papa" wasn't here to witness this night. I know he was watching from his place on high and I am sure he was smiling with all of us. I love you Valleri Anne.

No comments: