Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My BFF

Everyone has a best friend, or maybe several. If you are lucky enough to have more than one, then you are blessed. I have been lucky, I have several I call my best 'buds'. But........there is always one that you can count on no matter what. It doesn't matter what you say, what you do, or the mess you might have gotten yourself into, that one person is always there for you. They listen and they don't judge you. What you say to them never never goes any further than the room your in. They help you see when you are wrong, and give you guidance to get to the right place. They wipe the tears from your face when you cry, and tell you not to worry, the sun will come up tomorrow. They defend you to others when you have taken a stand. They give you comfort when someone you love dies and most importantly they love you unconditionally.
If you have someone in your life like that, HANG on for dear life, because they don't come along very often. My best friend in life is no longer here. He has gone on to a better purpose and place. I miss him more than I could ever put into words on this page. He was my best friend, my soul mate, and the love of my life. There is an empty space in my soul for my BFF, oh how I miss him. I miss the guidance, the hugs, and just knowing he would be there no matter what. I miss the simple things he did, but mostly I miss hearing those three little words he said every single day for 34 years 3 months and 26 days......"I LOVE YOU"
Thank you Michelle for the memory. I was touched.

No comments: