



This group is known to 'me' as the Gram~cr'kr FOUR. These are the reasons to get up and stay healthy every single day. They are growing up so fast..........
VALLERI: I remember the day Valleri graced our lives. I was a granny for the very first time. She was a little toe-headed beautiful girl. She was the apple of her PAPA's eyes, they made many trips to town and to the dump. She was his co-pilot, along with Skippy the dog. Her treat was always some Juicy Fruit Gum. Time has past so quickly, I wonder where it has gone. Valleri will be entering high school this fall as a freshman. The last few years she has been very active girl. She runs cross country (her first love), plays volleyball, basketball and is currently running on her schools track team. She runs the 1600 meter and 800 meter races. She likes the long distance races. Her eighth grade graduation is fast approaching. I can speak from prior knowledge that she will be the prettiest girl in the class. During her years of involvement in sports she has received the MISS TIGER award every year. I guess you could equate that to MVP, most dedicated, or what ever term you want to use. Valleri doesn't know a stranger, she is a friendly caring young lady. She is diligent at everything she does, that's why I believe she will be very successful at anything she does.
EMILY: We waited for Emi, and when she arrived to meet the family I was taken back. As a baby she was the spitting image of her Daddy. She had a tuft of dark hair, and the most beautiful peaches and cream skin. Emily is a dancer. She has been in jazz since she started dancing. What fun it is to watch her strut her stuff. She loves sports, but I am sure that basketball is her first love. Emily made a 3 point goal during this past season, and I am proud to say that she was the only one in her age group that did, and that included the boys. She also won the free throwing contest for 6th grade girls at her school. Now that's pretty awesome. Right now she is part of her school's track team. She is running the hurdles, and also runs a couple of dashes. She won her heat last week. Oh, one other thing, she is the only girl running the hurdles from her school. I think it's scary, but she doesn't and does a great job. Emily will be a seventh grader in the fall.
Emily is a focused individual, she sets her mind at what she is doing, and always masters the task.
SHELBIE: Shelbie is five months younger than Emily. Shelbie was blond right from the git go. She had those kissable little chubby cheeks. Her smile would melt the coldest of hearts, and it still does. Shelbie is quite the artist. She loves to draw and paint. She made me a picture for Mother's Day last year. I framed it and it hangs in my bedroom. She has been working with pottery and has made some amazing creations. I have a heart shaped dish to vouch for it. She loves sports also, she plays soccer, both indoor and outdoor. She says it's her favorite sport. She plays both defensive and offensive for her team, but she is awesome as a defender. This summer she is going to play fast pitch softball. I like that game, and I can't wait for it to start.
Shelbie will be a sixth grader in the fall. Shelbie is extremely bright. School comes easy for her and her scores for the testing they do were the highest of all the fifth graders in her school. She is an avid reader, likes to read, and we all know that if you master the reading everything else falls into place.
LANDON: I call Landon my little prince. He was robust right from the start. He had a ton of dark hair, and the only one who got those absolutely beautiful brown eyes, well actually they are so dark, the could be black. He is his father's son, a chip off the ole block. Landon loves football. He was part of the third grade Warriors football team last fall. As I have said before, I never much cared for football, but when this little guy plays, everything changes. I have seen him run with the ball, tackle the quarterback, intercept a pass. YEP, he's got it, and I cannot wait until it's time to play again. When he comes off of the field he has this smile that would melt your heart. You can tell he is in his element. It doesn't hurt that he has this dimple that just won't quit. Look out girls, this one is gona be a heart breaker someday. Landon has an imagination that doesn't stop. He can make a game out of anything. His teachers have told his Mother that he is a natural born leader, you know that can't hurt in this life. Landon will be a fourth grader in the fall.
So now you know about the "FOUR", they are terrific kids. My life has been so thrilling with them in it. They are not babies anymore, that's kind of sad, but what they are bringing to my life and the family now is even better. They are everything a grama could want and just in case you didn't know they are the delight of this grama's heart and soul.
2 comments:
Let's not forget, thay have a beautiful (in all ways) Grama who makes their lives even better.
I'm proud to say that 2 of the 4 are mine! And that the other 2 are my nieces!
Post a Comment