I was sitting in the car at a stop light, and this song came on. It stirs up a lot for me. It was a year ago the 4th of July, that my husband, along with others, were presented to our city as "Hometown Hero's". A year has passed since that honor was given to him. I always knew he was a hero, for many reasons. A lot has transpired since that evening, but for me the declaration that he was an Atomic Veteran of the United States of America, by the United States Department of Justice brought tears and joy, not only for me but for my Son's and their families. It was a tireless, gut wrenching road to glory for him. His death was not in vain, he was a victim of circumstance. He was a young patriot doing his duty to God and his country. Because of him and countless others, knowledge was gained to help make it a safer place in many facets of life and living. When answers are given, it lessens the pain of loss. There maybe problems to solve, and lessons to learn, but where better to deal with them than in the greatest country on earth...... " I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me." HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA 2010!!
Saturday, July 3, 2010
INDEPENDENCE DAY 2010
Artist: Lee Greenwood
Song: Proud To Be An American
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment