They compete in their age group, and the winner gets to go to a shoot off with their peers from
other schools. Today was the big day. There were 4 girls in her group. I don't know where they were from, but they had to shoot 25 free throws, and who ever made the most was declared the winner. Emily made 15 out of 25, one other girl did the same. That meant a shoot off. Now she competes again in two weeks. That's exciting. Here is a link to her Mom's blog...
Emily waiting her turn
This is a video I took of Emily during the shoot-off. Since there was a tie between her and one other girl, they took 5 shots each, and the person who made the most won. I guess I got so excited I missed one of her shots. She shot 4 out of the 5. Her opponent was 3 out 5. She was as cool as a cucumber at that line. I think the person with the most nerves was Val, she was really pulling for her little sis. If you have your sound on, you can hear Mark exhale after she made the first basket. Just for the recap she made the first 4, and missed the 5th.
No comments:
Post a Comment