Saturday, October 25, 2008

Simply Amazing

The weather man says that the polar express is coming to our neck of the woods tomorrow. I can't say that I am totally sorry, because I am tired of the mowing and trimming. As I was mowing today, I hopefully thought, maybe this is the last time for this season. The sad part is that all of the beautiful, colorful flowers will sadly go away also. In April I received the mum plant you see above. After a few weeks, I planted it in my front flower garden. As you can see in the next picture, it took off and is a big plant. I haven't measured it, but it has to be at least 3 to 4 feet in diameter. The picture does not do justice to it. It is not in full bloom, the flowers are just starting to open up. I took this picture today because of the impending cold that is coming. It may not have the chance to bloom fully this year.
I take no credit for the plant, it's all Miracle Grow. I have used the stuff on the plant every 10 days since I planted it. I guess you could say it works.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures of my one success of the summer.

1 comment:

Grannymouse said...

Way to go!! That thing is hugh!!
Very Nice!!