This is my cousin "Sunny". Her actual name is Loretta Lee. She was named for my maternal Grandmother. Her mother, Virginia (Aunt Gin) was one of my mom's older sisters.
I haven't seen Sunny since 1992. We had lunch one day in Newton and that was the last time I saw her. Her children live in this area, and she and her husband, Bob were here for the Square Dance Convention that was held here. Now that the event is over, she was doing some re-connecting with some of her extended family.We decided to get together for a visit, and that turned into a lunch with her oldest son Rick. I had not seen Rick since he was a wee one, so his size was a surprise. He looks the same as I remember, in the face. Sunny is married to Bob, what a really nice guy he is. He has a ready smile, and made me feel very welcome. He said he had looked forward to meeting me.
It was a nice visit, and I had the pleasure of seeing the motor home they travel in. It is really a nice one. If you look at the pictures you'll see what I mean.

Sunny has aged with grace. She reminds me a lot of her mother, my aunt. She lost her dad in the 1960's, so I don't remember what he looked like, but I am sure she has some similarities of his. They called my uncle Sunny, so it was fitting that they called her the same.
It was a nice visit, a lot of catching up. It is always good to spend time with family. They will be leaving to go back to southern Texas where they live. Why would anyone want to live in hurricane country? But they seem to love it, so I guess that is all that matters. She told me today that between her kids and Bob's kids they will soon have 40 grandchildren/great grandchildren. Now that's a passel of kids. I appreciated her gesture and enjoyed the visit.
1 comment:
It's always nice to visit and catch up with family. I'm glad you got this chance.
Post a Comment